What is the best place to retire if you like to fish but hate hot weather?

Description of your first forum.
LaurentG
Site Admin

What is the best place to retire if you like to fish but hate hot weather?

Post by LaurentG »

WHAT IS THE BEST PLACE TO RETIRE IF YOU LIKE TO FISH BUT HATE HOT WEATHER?

May
Peter Answers

If you want cold or cool weather all the time, even Alaska (if you don’t live on top of any mountains) gets hot in the summers.

I’d recommend you get a little cabin in the mountains —IN USA- Appalachians, Rockies. In Europe, the Alps are great. Andorra (Pyrenees) is good too. Mountain streams usually have nice trout. High up is always cool.

Mountain cabins are pretty cheap too —- unless they are in ski resorts. But if you want the apres-ski ambiance, and have a big budget, the ski resorts like St Moritz, Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe, California –That’s where to go.

I spent 40 years living in over 40 countries looking for the perfect place for me.

I had different priorities: Safety was #1, low taxes #2, No pollution #3. Nice sidewalk cafes & gourmet restaurants #4!

I ended up in Campione d’Italia which is in Switzerland, but technically Italian territory —near Como, Milan and Lugano.

Why Italy? Because when Switzerland came into existence, Campione was a Papal State… The Swiss decided to leave it be as a little enclave. When Mussolini took over all Catholic Property for Italy, Campione became Italian and still is. Nice quiet place. Currently it is in an economic depression. Thus, many good deals & bargains available here to buy or rent. It is quiet , safe, clean, scenic and boring. Great for fishermen and sailing. And for old geezers like me, the local medical plan is great. Not hard to get residence here if you a re self-supporting.

Fishing was not on my list, but it so happens the fishing in Lake Lugano is very good. And being in a high mountain valley it is always cool here. I even wrote a picture book about this place.

Category: Peter Answers
By P.T.
May 8, 2019

Source : http://www.petertaradash.com/what-is-th ... t-weather/