Can I open the door naked if my landlord is doing excessive inspections ?

Description of your first forum.
LaurentG
Site Admin

Can I open the door naked if my landlord is doing excessive inspections ?

Post by LaurentG »

CAN I OPEN THE DOOR NAKED IF MY LANDLORD IS DOING EXCESSIVE INSPECTIONS ?

Jun
Peter Answers

Depending on what you look like (and of course whether you are of the sex I enjoy looking at) as your landlord I’d probably either stay away, or come to have a look three times a day.

Just Joking.

Real World answer next.

As an ex landlord, I have experienced all kinds of bizarre stunts pulled by my tenants, but never this one. I have had tenants of both sexes answer the door in bikinis or revealing undies—never naked. The most common negative thing a tenant could do was to keep the place very untidy (read that to be “filthy”) when I needed to show it. Prospects would be turned of by bad smells, hoarders or a terrible mess.

In the real world if a tenant objected to showing the apartment too often, I would probably schedule just one appointment per week with all prospects to come in at one time or if the tenant preferred, when he/she was out.

I never did inspections unless the tenant was about to move out—- or rarely if neighbours complained —- that the tenant had (for instance) a hidden, forbidden barking dog. Aside from a very few hoarders & ultra-slobs who usually didn’t realize that they were slobs, there were deadbeats who refused to pay rent, and a few thieves who took fixtures and appliances with them when they moved. The good tenants were 99%. But the few bad ones were the ones who gave me grey hair & stress. I don’t regret being in the real estate biz because it made me a multi-millionaire. But I was also very glad when I finally cashed out, sold everything, and had my “liquidity moment.”

Ever since I retired I have been able to take it easy and write about my experiences—good and bad.

Category: Peter Answers
By P.T.
June 25, 2019

Source : http://www.petertaradash.com/can-i-open ... spections/